Today I’m excited to share my book review of For the Love of Our Husbands, 52 Devotions for Wives and Prayers for the Men They Love by blogger and author, Darby Dugger. We’re also offering a giveaway of this devotional, with details on how to enter below.
I love Darby’s book and the concept she built it upon. Each week she’s written a devotional challenge that’s followed by a prayer the wife prays for herself based upon that day’s challenge. She also includes a prayer for our husbands at the end of each devotional. The prayers for our husbands are based upon scriptures that directly address our husbands’ challenges in life and marriage.
Darby did such a great job of writing this devotional and putting it together. I was even impressed by how organized and well-formatted it was! I love that she included true stories and struggles from her life and marriage in each weekly challenge. Thankfully, she never comes across as a super saint or a wife who has it all together, so I found myself resonating with her experiences and easily relating to her feelings.
I also love that Darby uses scripture to guide the prayers for our husbands. One of the things I like to do is pray using scripture for myself, my husband and others in my life, so this was right down my alley! I think there is something very pleasing to God when we use His words to claim His truths and promises.
Some of the weekly challenges for wives include:
- The need and commitment to pray for our husbands.
- Creating a peaceful, restful place for our husbands to come home to.
- Being quick to listen and slow to speak, especially when stressed or irritated.
- Taking negative thoughts captive and focusing on the good in our husbands.
- Understanding the pressures of being a husband who leads and provides for the family.
- Creating a pleasant and tidy atmosphere in our homes and especially our bedrooms.
- Finding ways to be unified with our husbands.
Some of the prayers for our husband’s include:
- Praying for his spiritual sensitivity and growth.
- Praying for his faith and courage to deepen and increase.
- Praying for his spiritual hunger.
- Praying for his integrity in all situations.
- Praying for our husbands to be spiritually protected against Satan’s attacks.
- Praying for his openness and honesty in our marriage.
- Praying for our husbands to have a gentle spirit toward us.
All you have to do to enter the giveaway for this spiritually uplifting devotional is to comment below by midnight (CST) on Thursday, Feb. 20th, telling us …
Why you’d like to have this book for yourself, your spouse or a friend.
What Bible verse or prayer have you prayed over your spouse?
Be sure to join us next Wedded Wednesday, when we will be returning to our forgiveness series with the post, Does Forgiveness Forfeit Protection?
The winner was chosen by random number generator and it is Andrea! Congrats Andrea! And thanks to all of you for entering and being MM supporters!
This post was “sponsored by Grammarly!“
Now it’s time for Wedded Wednesday!
Write in any way you feel inspired about marriage, parenthood or anything that is spiritually encouraging.
- Enter in a permalink directly to your “blog post” and not the main URL to your blog.
- Be sure to include a link to “Wedded Wednesday” or add the WW button (code is in MM’s footer) to your current blog post and/or sidebar.
- Visit and comment on at least one other person’s blog that’s linked up here.
- Please no offensive or inappropriate content or sexually explicit images!
Optional but encouraged:
- Consider setting up your Gravatar profile and Disqus Profile with a link to your blog … it makes it so much easier for all of us to find those of you who blog!
- If you have the time, visit those who visit your blog and comment at their place as well … sort of a “Say it forward.”